I haven't posted in about 18 months.... just before Emma was born. She is a now an expressive and vibrant toddler. My life has changed drastically since she was born. I almost feel like a different person because of her. She is my world now and I love her so much. Some mothers find the new challenge of motherhood very difficult, but for me it has been a complete joy. Sadly, I had to return to work full time just 3 months after she was born. I hated being away from her for so long. Each day I'd come home and run up the stairs to play with her. When I came home, I was just mommy. Everything else waited. When she would go to bed I'd clean the house, do laundry, grade papers, and plan lessons for my class. Looking back now I realize that it was only through the Lord's help that I was able to not only survive, but somehow balance everything. Luckily, I am able to only work part time this year. It is wonderful! I love being home with my sweet little girl, having time to explore new recipes, and hopefully keep my house clean.
I want to recognize the great blessings I have in my life. I'm so thankful for my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I'm thankful for my testimony of eternal families, and the pure truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I am so thankful for Emma. I know of so many wonderful people who have been unable to have children. And yet me, in all my weakness, have been blessed with the most precious and beautiful daughter. She is my greatest blessing. I've gone through something this past year that has been the most heartbreaking experience of my life. And the only way I have even been able to press forward is because of the blessings I've listed. So although there are many other worthy women, I'm so thankful for Emma because her love and joy has helped me to survive.
Here are a few photos that capture the joy that Emma brings:
Welcome baby Caia
9 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment