Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Big Secret


I'm pregnant!  It came as quite a surprise for Barjona and I.  For everyone else it seems to take a while..... not for us.  I found out I was pregnant on September 19th.  I am now 15 weeks along and due around May 17th.  We are so incredibly excited about having a baby.  In fact, I think Barjona is more excited than I am.  He can't wait for our baby to come. 

We decided to keep this information a secret until Thanksgiving.  We wanted to be able to announce it in person to my family.  Also, we wanted to wait until I was out of my first trimester just in case the unthinkable happened.  Lucky for us, our baby is here to stay.  I must say that this has been an incredibly difficult secret for me to keep.  I have flat out lied to people.  I am truly sorry!!!!  It just wasn't the right time.  Please forgive me. 


My pregnancy has gone really well.  There were only a few really tough weeks of morning sickness and Barjona soon learned that he could not eat Chinese food in the same room as me.  It was a little tricky to find food that didn't make we want to run for the nearest bathroom, but I soon learned that breakfast food and fruit was my saving grace.  I think I lived off toast with peanut butter and jam.  At school, I just kept crackers at my desk and told my kids that I had low blood sugar and needed to eat little snacks throughout the day. . . . which isn't really lying. 

At ten weeks I did have a pretty big scare.  Around lunch time I started to feel some pretty intense pain.  As the day progressed, I got to a point when I could barely stand up because it hurt so bad.  I had no idea what to do and I couldn't tell anyone because no one knew I was pregnant.  When my kids went to recess I started making phone calls.  I left a message for my doctor and when school got out, she called and told me to come in right away.  I locked my room and tried to get out before any of the other teachers saw me crying.  I wasn't fast enough though.  I just told them it was a family thing that I had to take care of.


When I got to my doctor's office, she tried to find the baby's heartbeat, but without any luck.  Then she tried to do an ultrasound but they had made me take a urine test when I got there so they couldn't see anything.  Finally, she sent me to the hospital.  I had to be admitted and get a vaginal ultrasound.  I was so nervous and I was all by myself.  I was beginning to prepare myself for the worst when the technician turned on the volume and I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time.  It was so reassuring to hear!! 


Since then, everything has been great.  My next ultrasound is on Christmas Eve and we are hoping to find out if it is a boy or girl.  It would make the best Christmas present ever!

2 comments:

Muranaka Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys. You are going to be the best little mommy ever. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. I'm so glad it's been a good experience so far.

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

NO WAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!